Friday, January 30, 2009

Radio Row fracas!

At about 2:00 this afternoon, just after I had finished a radio segment for WNST in Baltimore back at my Tampa hotel, Sports Network MLB editor Chris Ruddick texted me to see if I had heard anything about the fight that occurred on "Radio Row" this morning. Though I was apparently mere feet from Radio Row when the incident occurred, I knew absolutely nothing about it, and pressed for any details Ruddick had.

Strangely enough, the incident involved WNST owner and sometimes-radio personality Nestor Aparicio, who reportedly choked Dallas radio personality Gordon Keith in what we'll hope is the culmination of an ongoing battle between the two.

The police were called, and a source at WNST told me that Aparicio was charged with battery, though not arrested.

Not real sure what the feud is all about, but I can tell you that mere minutes before the incident reportedly took place, at 8:45am, I was talking to Aparicio on the shuttle ride that departed at 8:30am from our hotel to the Super Bowl XLIII media center. Aparicio told me that he and his wife went to see The Eagles at the St. Pete Forum last night, and he told me he was tired after staying up too late after the show. Perhaps he encountered Keith before his morning Starbucks kicked in.

Bizarre.

No comments: